Origin of BORSAbag…
In 2007, my husband and I took our dream trip to Italy. In Florence, we enjoyed the works of Michelangelo, the view of the Ponte Vecchio bridge, and the Basilica di Santa Croce. As we wandered through the shops of Via Santo Spirito, my husband bought me a beautiful leather handbag. I couldn’t wait to use it, but soon became concerned about where I placed it. I wanted to protect the fine leather from moisture and dirt and soon found myself wishing for a sturdy cover to use when out and about.
When we returned home, I couldn’t stop thinking about a cover for my bag. We soon visited New York City and found ourselves in the pouring rain. When the rain subsided, we visited the Cloisters Museum. I wanted to take pictures but there was no place to put my bag without getting it wet.
Since there was nothing suitable on the market, I started dreaming about designing a bag cover of my own. After several months, I knew I wanted:
- A cover that was easy to tote around
- Durable, water resistant material to protect my handbag from any dirty or wet surface
- A bag that was self-storing — a “BAG-in-a-bag” that could be used and then stored inside my purse, when the protective cover was not in use, within its own clean, protective pouch, eliminating any dirt or moisture on the inside of my purse
- Something easy to clean that could just be thrown into the wash
- My bag design to be made in the U.S.A.
I spent the majority of a Saturday stitching a crude prototype. Next I began building a website and looking for a manufacturer in the U.S.A. After several conversations with various firms around the country, I finally found a socially responsible manufacturer in Virginia and knew after the first hour that they were the right fit.
After three months of working back and forth, we worked through my three designs of BORSAbag: Basic, Functional and Classic. The Basic design can be imprinted with your company’s logo to use for promotional purposes. The Functional models the Basic and includes a grommet with an 18-carat gold-layered chain and medallion for usage convenience. The Classic has a three-sided zipper with the same gold chain and medallion.
I am thrilled to introduce you to BORSAbag. Once you try it out, I know you’ll love it.
Diane E Piper